You can become a member of NHS for just £15 per annum. Each member receives exclusive benefits including:
- Magazine (published every 3 months) – We put a lot of effort into every edition and include unique editorials you won’t find anywhere else, interviews with local historians, fun facts about the area, and events taking place in and around Newcastle.
- We organise events ourselves and have had great fun taking members to little-known attractions, archaeological digs, and more.
- Email Newsletter released every month, including links to website editorials only available to members.
- Members area that includes Q&A with the organisers and a forum where you can exchanges thoughts and ideas with fellow enthusiasts. We have members from all over the world!
- Exclusive discounts that we’ve managed to haggle with local companies and organisations.
We’re a non-profit organisation – this means that any of the ‘profits’ we receive from memberships go straight to charity or to an organisation that requires help to preserve history in Newcastle (or the local area!). We always discuss where funds should go with existing members – don’t think it’s all down to us! We do this on a yearly basis and the next round of debate on where the funds should go will take place in January 2015.
We look forward to seeing you join – Newcastle Historical Society is a high-value ‘product’ that we’re sure you’ll enjoy!
The Newcastle Historical Society Team